Sunday 2 February 2014

Recording (old school)

After school finished I continued playing music and started on the flute. I purchased a new red strat copy (which I only passed on recently - 2013) and a few effects pedals.

In the late 1970's I purchased a Teac A108 tape cassette machine. It allowed the right track to be recorded and then played back while you added the left track. then you could play and mix them back while adding another track and recording to a second machine.



In 1983 I purchased my first Fostex 4 track recorder. It was a simple machine and was totally portable.


I recorded many demo's on this. From this I progressed to other 4-track machines:



It was great using multi-track machines. The ability to put down a drum and bass track and then add guitars and vocals opened up a really creative world for me.

One thing I did notice, while I was listening to the recordings, was how much higher my voice was in those days!





No comments:

Post a Comment