Tuesday 7 October 2014

Song Writing at Totleigh Barton

Wow! What an amazing time was had by everyone attending the Arvon Song Writing course at Totleigh Barton, in Mid Devon. As I have mentioned previously in a post, it was hosted by Chris Difford and Kathryn Williams.

 
 
Many thanks to Carolyn for this shot of me during our recording session. Two songs written and recorded by Jerry, Carolyn and myself. Can't wait to hear the results.
 
Also managed to record one of Carolyn's songs on my laptop/portable mixer set up. A good result for a demo.
 
Chris and Kathryn were amazing, helping me nail the issues I had with a couple of songs I want to record for my CD.
 
The exercises made you explore all sorts of ideas as a starting point for a song, and the collaborative writing was amazing. It was a joy working with Carolyn and Jerry.
 
More to follow...
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment