Wednesday 25 June 2014

Keeping it simple...

I have always recorded on a budget, and this time is no exception. My wife bought me a laptop a couple of years ago, and since then I have been updating my old programs. I purchased Sibelius for writing music and this has been fantastic for getting musical ideas down, so they can be kept or played by others.

For the recording software I was looking at Cubase, but wanted to give DAW software a go first, before making the quite expensive leap. So I purchased Magix Studio software.



 
I also needed to update my outboard hardware kit. I needed to keep this affordable and ended up purchasing a Behringer mixer with two phantom powered mic inputs and several line inputs.

 
This is connected to an A-to-D converter (Behringer again). I was amazed with the quality of these units and they have certainly excelled in their job.

 


Many years ago I purchased a pair of matched condenser microphones and a good vocal condenser.

I already had a Shure 58 and a couple of Sennhiser 313's. 
 

I also have a couple of Behringer monitors. These are really very good for their size and price.

So with all this I have started laying down the basic guitar parts for some songs.

This has been punctuated with hospital appointments and tests following my course of radiotherapy throughout March/April/May.





No comments:

Post a Comment